This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Remedy with Smart IT
Remedy with Smart IT
2.0, 18.xx, 19.xx, 20.xx
Custom Asset attributes are not visible in Configuration > Screen Configuration > Asset View > Generic Area or Type-Specific Area.
Custom attribute is visible in "AST:Class Name" form, but is not visible in Smart-IT under "Generic Are" or "Type-Specific Area". Generally running the 'Sync CMDB to Asset' option is sufficient to update the AST forms and make the field available within Smart IT View configuration. However, for Selection fields, the following additional steps may be required.
Smart IT and ITSM out of sync for custom attributes.
Followed below steps to make the custom attributes visible in Smart-IT, we took Computer System class as an example:
1) Type-Specific Area - Open "BMC.CORE:BMC_ComputerSystem_" (regular form – the one that ends with underscore) and move the custom field(s) just a little bit to the right / left and save the changes.
2) Type-Specific Area - Open "BMC.CORE:BMC_ComputerSystem" (the join form) and move the custom field(s) just a little bit to the right / left and save the changes.
2.b) Generic Area - Open "BMC.CORE:BMC_BaseElement" (regular form) and move the custom field(s) just a little bit to the right / left and save the changes.
3) Type-Specific Area - Open "AST:ComputerSystem" and move the custom field(s) just a little bit to the right / left and save the changes.
3.b) Generic Area - Open "AST:BaseElement" and move the custom field(s) just a little bit to the right / left and save the changes.
4) Login to ITSM and go to Applications > Administrator Console > Application Administration Console > Custom Configuration > Asset Management > Advanced Options > Sync Asset UI with CMDB
5) Type-Specific Area - Search for Cass Name = BMC_ComputerSystem and click on "Update Asset UI" button
5.b) Generic Area - Search for Cass Name = BMC_BaseElement and click on "Update Asset UI" button
6) Log into Smart IT and go to Configuration > Screen Configuration. Refresh Metadata on the Asset View.
7) Open the Generic Area or Type-Specific Area view. The attribute should now be available to add to the Asset View.
If the above steps do not work check the following:
a. Sync UI records not created or stuck in "Application Pending" form. Check the CMDB Sync-UI command issues
b. Selection field attributes are not visible but character are. Repeat steps 1-3 only for selection fields.
NOTE: If after adding the custom attributes to the Smart IT view, the values/data displayed by them are not visible on Smart IT but they are in ITSM. Make sure field Database ID in "BMC.CORE:BMC_<ClassName>" is the same in "AST:Class Name" form. Some times field Database ID is changed in the AST forms when running the Sync UI utility.