This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
All versions of Control-M/Enterprise Manager All versions of Control-M/Server for UNIX and Microsoft Windows All versions of Control-M/Agent for UNIX and Microsoft Windows
- The Control-M Configuration Manager (CCM) does not display the correct version for a Control-M/Agent for UNIX and Microsoft Windows
- CCM may show only the major version but not a recently installed Fix Pack.
- FIX_NUMBER parameter in the CONFIG.dat file or CONFIG registry entry is corrupted or was not updated correctly - Control-M/Agent for UNIX and Microsoft Windows Fix Pack information is not updated on the CCM yet
First try to stop and restart the Control-M/Server Configuration Agent. Alternately, wait up to 24 hours for the Configuration Agent process to check the Agents on it's periodic interval.
From a command prompt on the Control-M/Server host, run the commands:
If this does not resolve the issue, continue to check the steps below.
1. Login on the Control-M/Agent host
- Navigate to the ctm/data directory
- Backup the CONFIG.dat file
- Edit CONFIG.dat and adjust the FIX_NUMBER parameter to reflect the proper value
- Open regedit and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BMC Software\Control-M/Agent\CONFIG
- Adjust the FIX_NUMBER parameter to reflect the proper value
Skip to Step 2 if the FIX_NUMBER parameters already contains the correct information
- Log on to the Control-M/Server
- Run: ctmgetcm and enter the Control-M Agent Host ID
- Use these option: "*" for APPLTYPE and "get" for "ACTION"
3. Perform a "ping" to the Control-M Agent on the Control-M Configuration Manager
Allow some time for the Control-M/Server to updated this properties
4. If this version is still not being updated correctly or need to be updated urgently:
- Delete the Control-M/Agent from the CCM and allow the Control-M/Server to discover the Control-M/Agent again