This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Remedy IT Service Management Suite
Remedy IT Service Management - Process Designer
BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite
Basic BMC Rule Based Email (RBE) - Troubleshooting
- Verify AR Email Engine is installed and the service is running
- Verify Integration between Inbound Email and AR System Email is installed (perform a search on SHARE:Application_Interface)
- Ensure that the Inbound Rule Engine is enabled
- Check “AR System Email Error Logs” form for any errors
- Verify the email id from which the email is being sent is a valid email id in People form
- Check that the subject of the email is not one those configured to be rejected, such as Auto-reply
- Check “AR System Email Message” form and “RBE:Message” form to ensure that workflow has fired
- Check RBE:Transaction form for any error. If all is fine, this is where you will see Incident #
- Review the Filter log(s) for any error(s)
- Verify the Server Plugin Entries related to RBE in the ar.cfg file and referring to 9999 Java Plugin Port
- #Server-Plugin-Alias: REMEDY.ARF.ZIPATTACHMENTS REMEDY.ARF.ZIPATTACHMENTS <server>:<port>
- #Server-Plugin-Alias: REMEDY.ARF.HTML2TEXT REMEDY.ARF.HTML2TEXT <server>:<port>
- These plugins should also exist in the ARServer's pluginsrv_config.xml located in the <ARS install dir>\plugin folder
- Review the pluginsvr_config.xml file in the AR Server Installation\plugin Directory to see if the Plugin Entries with respect to RBE is present.
If there are email messages that failed to send, you can mark them to be resent. To do this, you need to resolve the issue in which caused the e-mails to fail.
- There are two forms you need to look at:
- RBE-Transactions - shows the status of the e-mail processing
- RBE-Messages - Contains the actual e-mail message
b.- Copy the Email Unique Identifier
c.- Open the RBE:Message form, paste the value on the Email Unique Identifier field and do the search
d.- Delete the record from RBE:Transaction form
e.- On RBE:Message form, change the Status field to Action Found, remove the value from the Form Request ID field, set the z1D Action field to EVALUATE and save the record.
f.- The corresponding record should be created on RBE:Transaction with no errors and the workinfo added to the parent record (INC, CHG, WO).
See also KA369299
- BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite