This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Capacity Management for Mainframes
Capacity Management Database
BMC MainView Performance Reporting Family for Mainframes, Cost Analyzer for zEnterprise, AMI Capacity Reporting
How to add a database to the Automator Catalog.
Prerequisite: An ODBC Data Source must already be added to the 32-bit ODBC Data Source Panel.
This procedure is the same for both SQL Server and Oracle databases. The password screen will look different for an Oracle database.
1. Right click on CDB Automator from the Start menu or an Icon and select the "Run as administrator" option.
2. Startup Automator and select File>New.
3. Select Edit>Database Catalog.
4. Click the Add Database button.
5. Select the ODBC Data Source. Click OK.
6. Enter the database password. Click OK.
7. The new Data Source will now be listed in the Database Catalog. Click Ok to continue.
8. Click the X in the top right corner of the Automator window to exit Automator.