This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Atrium CMDB Suite
BMC Atrium Core
BMC Atrium CMDB 9.0 and 9.1
There are sandbox jobs being triggered in parallel to the continuous job runs (set to 2 minutes interval).
When Modify All functionality is used, multiple jobs are also triggered.
This is impacting performance and generating multiple failed job runs with the error message below:
<ERROR > <TID: 0000020292> /* Mon Jul 11 2016 07:18:39.1620 */ Error encountered::
<ERROR > <TID: 0000020292> /* Mon Jul 11 2016 07:18:39.1620 */ ARERR The job is already running
<ERROR > <TID: 0000020292> /* Mon Jul 11 2016 07:18:39.1620 */ BMC Asset Management - Sandbox
The customer's database was corrupted. When the customer rolled back a database from a different system, the issue no longer occurred.
The following can be used to troubleshoot the issue:
1. Check number of sandbox datasets. If there are too many, check the BMC_BaseElement and BMC_BaseElement for the datasets to see if there are any records in the sandbox datasets to purge those records before deleting the sandbox datasets.
2. Check build of Reconciliation engine from help -> about to get the version and check if there is a hotfix applied or not.
3. In RE Server Configuration Editoer set the Job Idle Time (Minutes) to 0 and try to save. After saving if the field reverts back to the default value of 60 on its own, then there is a hotfix for this issue; contact BMC Support for this..
4. In Job Editor check the 'Job Runs retained in history'. If it's set to 3 or lower, increase it to 100. Otherwise for every Recon Job Run record created will generate 3 Recon Job Events per activity and a low history value can overlap causing performance issues.
5. Check the version of arrecond.exe in BMC Software\AtriumCore\cmdb\server64\bin. If Date Modified is before July 2015 then they will need a hotfix; contact BMC Support for this..