This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Client Management
- By default, the Privacy module in the Client Management agent is configured to prevent access to the following items:
- The C:\Users\ folder
- The C:\Documents and Settings\ folder
Also, read/write access is granted only on the follwing registry hives (the remainder are read only)
These settings are indended to be compliant with privacy laws for many areas.
- NOTE: Before proceeding with these steps, please ensure that you are not affected by any privacy laws regarding viewing users files.
The privacy settings are stored in a small sqlite database file on each machine, and it is possible to use an operational rule to overwrite this file with one which allows full access to all directories and registry entries. Please follow the steps below to import this operational rule, and a package containing a pre-configured copy of this database file
- download the attached archive containing the operational rule, and the package.
- Extract the contents of this archive to any location on the Client Management master server.
- Copy the "AMP Privacy Database.cst" folder to the \BMC Software\Client Management\Master\data\Vision64Database\packages folder on the master server.
- In the Client Management console, click File > Import, and browse for the XML file extracted in step 2
- The operational rule will appear under the Global Settings > Lost and Found node, please go to this node, right click the rule, and select copy
- Go to the Operational Rules node in the console, right click in the right side of the window, and select paste.
- Assign the operational rule to any device that you wish to have these new settings.