This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Track-It! 8.0, 9.0, 10.0, 10.5, 11.0, 11.1, 11.2, 11.3, 11.4
I have just received a new Trackit.lic license file for Track-It!. How do I apply the file?
If you have recently upgraded your license file to receive additional technician, audit or other Track-It! add-on licenses, the file will either be sent to you or you can send a support request to Track-It! Technical Support to request a copy of it.
Alternately we have also created a Video Tutorial that will help you to update the Track-It! License file. Please watch the Video Below
In order to install a new license file, take the following steps:
- Have everyone close out of Track-It!.
- On the Track-It! server, open the following directory, depending on installation (default):
Track-It! 8.x, 9, 10.x, and 11.x upgrades
C:\Program Files\Numara Software\Numara Track-It!\Track-It! Server
Track-It! 11.x new
C:\Program Files\BMC Software\Track-It!\Track-It! Server
- Copy the new Trackit.lic license file into the Track-It! Server folder and overwrite the existing one if prompted to do so.
- Next, right-click the license file and select Properties. If an Unblock button is available, click it.
- Once you have copied the new license file to the Track-It! Server directory, take the following steps to ensure that permissions are setup properly on the file. Failure to take these steps could prohibit the applications from reading the file properly.
- Right-click the Track-It! Server folder where the new license file had been copied and select Properties.
- Click the Security tab.
- Next, click the Advanced button shown towards the bottom.
- Enable the Replace permission entries on all child objects with entries shown here that apply to child objects option and then click Ok.
- Click Yes to confirm.
- Click Ok to close the directory's properties.
- Finally, restart the following services on the Track-It! server depending on Track-It! version:
Builds 126.96.36.199 or prior:
All builds higher than 188.8.131.52 (version 8.5.x, 9, 10.x, and 11.x):
- Restart the IIS Admin service on the Track-It! Web server if Track-It! Web is installed.