This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Control-M for Web Services, Java and Messaging
BMC Control-M Business Process Integration Suite
- How Control-M for WJM(Messaging) work with the response message from Message Queue (MQ)?
- Why Control-M for WJM (Messaging) responded that the MQ correlation ID is not detected correctly during job submission?
Applies to: BMC Control-M for Web Services, Java and Messaging 9.0.00
- Control-M for WJM (Messaging) is always expecting and working with correlation ID in byte array only.
- That is how it works and that is also how the com.ibm.mq.MQMessage class works.
- If the MQ response correlation ID is not detected correctly during job submission, do ensure that the exact correct correlation ID expected from the job submission.
- When submitting and executing job, look in the job definition in active form:
There should be a correlation ID field or in the sysout of the job execution that shows the expected correlation ID.
- Ensure that MQ environment is not configure to assign its own correlation ID to a request.
- This will override the correlation ID being passed by the job.
- Once this default setting was changed for out queue, Control-M for WJM (Messaging) is able to receive the reply messages from MQ
- BMC Control-M Business Process Integration Suite