This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Remedy AR System Server
SDE Metadata is being loaded. Please try logging in again is seen by users. What does this mean, what is being done in the back ground?
Metadata is the data providing information about one or more aspects of the data, it is used to summarize basic information about data which can make tracking and working with specific data easier. The main purpose of metadata is to facilitate in the discovery of relevant information, more often classified as resource discovery. Metadata also helps organize electronic resources, provide digital identification, and helps support archiving and preservation of the resource. Metadata assists in resource discovery by "allowing resources to be found by relevant criteria, identifying resources, bringing similar resources together, distinguishing dissimilar resources, and giving location information
The SMSYSPROCESS table is a /SDEMagic SYSTEM table which is used to monitor loaded instances of metadata.
For each loaded metadata instance, a new record is created in this table. The records in this table are critical for the proper function of the Magic Application. Some uses include:
1. Identifying a metadata instance by its Server Name and ProcessID.
2. Verifying that an instance of Metadata is healthy, by tracking its latest CHECKPOINT value.
3. Preventing multiple instances of metadata from loading in the same process.
4. Tracking Magic license usage (KO and TKO columns).
5. Verify that there are no active instances of metadata prior to running the DBAdmin Tool.
The entries in this table are integrally related to records in the NAMSYSSERVERS table.