This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Remedyforce Service Desk
Remedyforce Spring 11
How to Create Change Approval in Remedyforce.
To create a change approval
- In the BMC Remedyforce home page, click Workspaces.
- From the list of Workspaces, expand Change Management.
- In the Change Management list, click Change Requests.
- In the Change Requests List view, select the change request that you want to approve or reject by using one of the following options:
- Select a field from the Group By list, navigate to the required group, and select the required change request.
- Type a search string in the Search field, click Search, and select the required change request from the search results.
- Scroll though the list of change requests, and select the required change request.
- Double-click the selected change request.
- Click the Approvals tab in the Supporting Information section.
- Click Actions > Submit For Approval.
You can create only one change approval at a time for the change request. After you click the Submit For Approval command in the Actions menu, this command is disabled until the approver approves or rejects the change request, or the submitter recalls the change approval. If you require approvals from multiple approvers, you must configure the approval process to include these approvers. For more information, see Creating an approval process.
- In the Comments text editor, type the comments that are included in the change approval.
- Click OK.
The change approval is created, and it appears in the Change Approvals list of the staff members designated as approvers in the approval process. For more information, see Creating an approval process.
An action record with the status of Submitted is created to indicate that the change request has been submitted for approval. You can view the comments that are added when the change request is submitted for approval or recalled by moving your mouse over the balloon icon in the Comment column of the action record. An action record with the status of Pending also is created to indicate that approval is pending for the change request. These action records display the assigned approver in the Assigned To column and the actual approver in the Actual Approver column. In case, the change approval is completed by a Delegated Approver, the name of the Delegated Approver appears in the Actual Approver column. If a queue is assigned as the approver in the approval process, the Assigned To column displays the name of the assigned queue. When one of the members of the queue approves or rejects the change request, the name of the member appears in the Actual Approver column.
Note: If a Change Manager creates a change request and the change request is submitted for approval by another staff member, the Change Manager cannot recall the change approval for this change request. However, the staff member who has submitted the change request for approval can recall the change approval for this change request. The submitter cannot recall approval requests if you have cleared the Allow submitters to recall approval requests check box in step 6 of the Standard Setup Wizard for creating an approval process.
- Double-click the action record with the status of Pending to open the change approval.
Note: You must review the information about the change request in the Change Request Information section before completing the change approval. You can open the source change request by clicking the change request number in the Change # field. If a configuration item is linked to the change request, the Launch CI Explorer toolbar button is enabled in this form. You can click this toolbar button to view the configuration item and linked change request in the Configuration Items Explorer.
- (optional) In the Change Request Approvals section, type your comments in the Comments field.
These comments should include information about the reasons why you have approved or rejected the change request. This information is tracked during audits.
- Depending on your decision to approve or reject the change request, click Approve or Reject.
- In the confirmation dialog box, click OK.
The change approval is completed, and the change approval is removed from the Change Approvals list. In the change request, the action record with the status of Pending is updated with a status of Approved or Rejected depending on your decision to approve or reject the change request.