This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Helix Remedyforce Service Desk
How to Troubleshoot Remedyforce Pentaho Integrations.
NOTE: This doc is dynamic and will be updated as new issues are found and resolved.
Pentaho will not connect to Salesforce:
1. Ensure that the Salesforce Webservice URL is set to https://login.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/27.0 (Sandbox: https://test.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/27.0)
2. Check the Login History in Salesforce for the username used in the connection settings with the Pentaho package. This will show weather or not the Pentaho API is reaching Salesforce. In some cases the login attempt will show the error. If there is no record of the API login attempt then the login request is not making it out of the network were Pentaho is running. Possible causes are Antivirus or Firewall. Make an exception in the Antivirus for Pentaho. In some cases disabling SSL Deep Interception in the firewall has corrected connection issues with Pentaho to Salesforce.
3. If you don't see a login attempt in Salesforce Login History, see if the customer has their server behind a proxy, If they do, verify their are using Pentaho 8.1, older versions have a defect handling proxy settings additional info about this can be found on this document https://communities.bmc.com/docs/DOC-108158
Error in log files show cannot insert duplicate record. The user exists in the org and is InActive or the user exists in another org.
Pentaho will create new client records, but will not update existing records: Pentaho checks AD to see if there have been any changes to the AD Record. If there have not been any changes since the last run of Pentaho no updates to the Remedyforce clients will occur. If the original imported record set had the wrong data Pentaho will not update it. To update the data, the data must be exported from both AD and Remedyforce and reconciled manually. Then the required records can be updated using the SFDC Dataloader.
2. Verify the links between the job steps does not have a "Distribute Data" Link Type, Always compare this with a stock package.
Pentaho Suddenly Stopped Importing Users and Nothing Has Changed:
1. Check the number of the users in the org. If the number has crossed 175,000 total, increase the timeout in the TransferLDAPInfo.ktr (on the content tab of the User step to 120000 (2 minutes)) or add a query that only returns active users: Select Id, Username, LastName, FirstName, Name from User Where isActive = true.
2. Check the UserPrincipleName in AD and he Unique User ID in Source in Salesforce match.
3. Change co in he failure output step of the transformation to CountyCode and a save the transformation.
Pentaho Not Updating InActive users in AD InActive in Salesforce/Remedyforce:
1. Enable userAccountControl portion of the script in the Dynamic account, profile and permission set assignment step of the TransferLDAPInfo.ktr file.
2. Make sure userPrincipleName in AD matches the Unique User ID in Source in Salesforce/Remedyforce. The values are Case Sensitive and must match.
NOTE: You may need to add the Unique User ID in Source field to the User form in Salesforce. If adding the field make sure the value matched
3. Make sure the user is InActive in AD. The value for userAccountControl should be 514. If you dont have access to AD you can run the Preview Rows for the LDAP Input step of the TransferLDAPInfo.ktr to see the value.