This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Helix Remedyforce Service Desk
Remedyforce Spring 12
How to Send an Email to All Staff Members of a Certain Role.
1. Log into SalesForce | Click your username | Click Setup | Click Manage Users | Click Mass Email Users
1. Create a new email communication template named Mass Email Users
Subject: can vary
Body would be something like: The following information has been delivered via a recent important broadcast!
2. Save this template and ensure that is available for use
3. Create a new Category named Mass Email
4. Create a new workflow with the following settings:
Object = Broadcast
Name = Mass Email users when category = "Mass Email"
Evaluate the rule when a record is "Created"
Run this rule if the following: Criteria are met
Field = Category~
Operator is Equal To
Value = Mass Email
5. Add workflow Action: New Email Alert with the following:
Description = Mass Email Users
Unique Name = Mass_Email_Users
Email Template = Mass Email Users
In Recipient type possible options are:
Portal Role (used for remedyForce clients for a specific account)
Role (Used for Staff and will email everyone within this role)
User (to select specific users)
6. Activate the Workflow.
7. Then create a new broadcast with the category Mass Email.
8. Verify when the broadcast is the created and email is sent to the desired users/clients.