This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Control-M for SAP
Control-M/CM for SAP
Control-M for SAP all versions ; Control-M/Agent 7.0.00 Fix Pack 4 and higher ; all operating systems
Can the Control-M for SAP Extractor process be started automatically when the Control-M/Agent is started?
Starting with Control-M/Agent 7.0.00 Fix Pack 4, CAR00045951 was implemented to allow start and stop the Control-M for SAP Extractor process when starting or stopping the Control-M/Agent.
1) Log on to the Control-M/Agent host where Control-M for SAP is installed.
2) Add the XT_AUTOSTART parameter.
- Navigate to the ctm/data directory
- Edit the SAP.dat file
- At the bottom add the parameter XT_AUTOSTART with a value of Y
- Open the registry with the regedit command
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BMC Software\Control-M/Agent\SAP
- Add a new string value XT_AUTOSTART with a value of Y
After the parameter has been added, the Extractor process will start and stop with the Control-M/Agent
Note: This behavior has change in Control-M for SAP version 9.0.00 and now to start Extractor process is needed to add command according procedure of the operating system used:
Add /<EMUSER_HOME>/ctm_agent/ctm/cm/SAP/exe/start-xt in script used to start Control-M/Agent automatically in startup time.
Add /<EMUSER_HOME>/ctm_agent/ctm/cm/SAP/exe/shut-xt in script used to stop Control-M/Agent automatically in shutdown time.
Enable service Control-M for SAP Extractor in Microsoft Windows services management.