This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Control-M/Enterprise Manager all supported versions.
When having issues with LDAP setup in Control-M/Enterprise Manager, what is the process to enable debug?
Start LDAP specific debug using the following steps:
1) Edit the file <EM Home>/etc/ldap.conf and add the following line at the end:
3) Stop and restart GUI Server.
4) From the Control-M Configuration Manager, start GUI Server debug by doing right click over the GUI Server, select "Control Shell" and enter the next command:
DIAGL *default 5 (click APPLY)
5) Configure the required parameters in the CCM -> System Parameters -> EM Parameters -> LDAP configuration screen and "Activate Changes".
6) Attempt a login to the Control-M/Enterprise Manager GUI with the LDAP user/password.
Review/send the following information just after the login attempt:
a) Run the em_data_collector command and send the file that it creates.
b) Send the file <EM Home>/etc/ldap.conf
c) Send the file <EM Home>/etc/DirectoryServiceType.cfg
d) Send the output of the following database queries:
> select * from GENERALAUTHORIZATIONS
> select * from USERSGROUPS
e) Note the values of the "sAMAccountName", "distinguishedName" attributes of the user that tries to login to Control-M/Enterprise Manager, retrieved from LDAP directory (you may need your Active Directory administrator's assistance).
f) Note the values of the "sAMAccountName", "distinguishedname" and "members" attributes of the group "<replace with ldap group name>", retrieved from LDAP directory (you may need your Active Directory administrator's assistance).
To stop debug:
1. From the Control-M Configuration Manager, do right click over the GUI Server, select "Control Shell" and enter the next command:
DIAGL *default 2 (click APPLY)
2. Edit the file <EM Home>/etc/ldap.conf and remove the following line at the end, which was added per the instructions of this Knowledge Article:
3. Recycle the GUI Server.
Customers viewing this solution may find value in the following self-help Connect with Control-M video.