This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
All versions of Control-M/Enterprise Manager All versions of Control-M/Server UNIX and Microsoft Windows
I would like to know more about Control-M Enterprise Manager and Control-M Server Database, Tables and Columns etc.
Where can I download the latest Control-M Database Schema and Port Diagrams?
The following video demonstrates this solution:
- The Control-M DB Schema's and Port Diagrams can be found on the BMC FTP server ftp.bmc.com
- Directory: /pub/control-m/opensystem/DB_Schemas
Below are two options to o download the Control-M Database Schema from the BMC FTP Site:
Option 1: Connect to BMC FTP server from Internet Browser
1. Open an Internet Browser
2. Open the page: ftp://ftp.bmc.com/pub/control-m/opensystem/DB_Schemas/
3. Click the desired version and navigate to the location
4. Download the schema and/or port diagram.
Option 2: Connect to BMC FTP server from command console
1. Open a windows command prompt.
2. Execute "ftp ftp.bmc.com"
3. Log in as "anonymous" and use your e-mail as your password.
4. Navigate to the directory by executing the command: cd pub/control-m/opensystem/DB_Schemas
5. List all the Database Schema available for download, execute: ls
6. Navigate to the required directory using the cd command. For example, "cd 800_ERDs"
7. Change to binary mode, by executing: bin
8. Change to hash mode to ensure the downloading is progressing, by executing: hash
9. Download the chosen file(s), using the get or mget command
For example: get BMC_Control-M_Workload_Automation_DB_Posters_v8.zip