This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
TrueSight Capacity Optimization
CO 9.5.02 and CO 10.x
The patch I've installed suggests that it is necessary to rebuild the CO Search index after installation. How can I manually rebuild the CO Search Index?
Simple index rebuild
An immediate rebuild can be initiated via the CO console.
The steps to manually rebuild the search index on BCO 9.x/10.0 are:
- Access the Console
- Navigate to Administration > COMPONENTS > Beckend Services
- Select API Providers - Search service in the table
- Click on the buttons Rebuild main index and Rebuild tag index
Advanced index rebuild, when the first procedure gives back errors
Resolution for the following error when rebuilding main index:
- Stop all CO components that lock the CO index files. To do this, you have to run the command ./cpit stop on all the Application Servers
- Backup and then remove the existing search index files
- cd repository
- tar -zxvf search_index_bad.tar.gz search_index
- cd repository/search_index
- rm -rf *
WARNING: Be cautious when running an rm -rf * since if the command is executed from the wrong directory it could result critical files being removed from the BCO environment which must be restored from backup to recover the environment.
- Restart the CO components that were stopped in step 1 with the command ./cpit start
- The Search Index rebuild will start automatically and it can take a few minutes to complete.
- Administration -> Components -> Backend Services -> API Providers - Search service than click on Show Log
- Administration -> ETL & System Tasks -> System Tasks -> Search index Updater than click on Show Log
If these steps doesn't solve the problem, check also that the nfslock demon is running on all CO Application Servers
You can refer to this article for more details