This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Capacity Management for Mainframes
Capacity Management Database
Business Data Extension
How to run the Capacity DataBase (CDB) Business Data Extension populate tool from a Command prompt or Automator.
Now that the populate.xml file has been created using the BDE populate tool UI, for subsequent executions it can be run from the command prompt or an Automator Run File event.
From the command prompt:
1. Change to the …\CDBStudio directory.
2. Type in the CDBBDEPopulate.exe program and the path and filename to the populate xml file.
1. Add a Run Event to an Automator script.
2. Browse for the CDBBDEPopulate.exe file and enter the populate xml file name in the Arguments box.
3. Run the script. A command window will popup if you are running Automator interactively.