This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
All version of Control-M/Enterprise Manager and Control-M/Server for UNIX and Microsoft Windows
- How can I remove a Job that is no longer Executing but still shows as Yellow in the CONTROL-M/Enterprise Manager GUI?
- How can I change the "Executing" (Yellow) status of a jobs which has already completed executing on the Control-M Server?
The perl script ctm_server/scripts/force_end_job.pl forces a job in Submitted or Executing state to end NOTOK (COMPSTAT=1) on the Control-M/Server.
- Control-M/Server version 6.2.01 or higher
- Control-M/Server must be running.
- SSL is disabled.
$HOME/bmcperl/perl $CONTROLM_SERVER/scripts/force_end_job.pl <order_id in base 36> [Y|N(debug)]
Run from an Administrative command prompt (right click cmd.exe and select run as administrator):
"<CONTROL-M/Server>\bmcperl\bin\perl" "<CONTROL-M/Server>\ctm_server\scripts\force_end_job.pl" <order_id in base 36> [Y|N (debug)]
Example: "C:\Program Files\BMC Software\Control-M Server\bmcperl\bin\perl" "C:\Program Files\BMC Software\Control-M Server\ctm_server\scripts\force_end_job.pl" 00001a
(1) The job ends NOTOK on the Control-M/Server side only!. The job is not killed on the Control-M/Agent machine. The assumption is that the job ended on the Agent OS and the Agent failed to communicate the state back to Control-M/Server.
(2) Only ON Statements of type 'operating system completion code' will be performed.
(3) This is an interactive script. The user has to confirm the action.
(4) Only the Control-M/Server user can run this program on Unix.
(5) There are no security checks on Windows. Therefore, it is recommended to enable execution permissions of this program only to a specific user.
(6) No database lock. If the Control-M/Server receives the job status from the Control-M/Agent, before handling the force end job request, the job will end according to the update from the Agent (even though the force_end_job.pl likely completed successfully).