This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Control-M for Distributed Systems All Versions
How to check compatibility of a BMC Control-M product with various operating system and database options using the Solution and Product Availability and Compatibility (SPAC) utility.
The following video demonstrates this solution:
1. Starting from www.bmc.com, click “Support”, then “Availability & Compatibility (SPAC)”.
2. Click “BMC PRODUCT AND VERSION”.
3. Start typing the BMC product name in “Product Name” field, and click the item as it appears in the list below.
4. Select the BMC product version you want to check in “Product Version” field. Here, we can see the release date for this version and its current support status.
5. Examine the list of operating systems, sorted ascending alphabetically by name by default, to see all supported operating systems.
6. Click a row in this list to select a specific OS version. This will display notes for this OS version in the box to the right. Any need for a particular fixpack or other consideration in order to use this version of this OS would appear in this box.
7. Note that any time you see just a major version mentioned, all minor versions under it are included and officially fully supported.
8. To see what databases are supported for the selected OS, examine the "Databases" table below the list of operating systems.
9. To see a list of all supported databases without filtering for operating system, click the "Databases" link above the list of operating systems.