This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Client Management
Any version of BMC Client Management (BCM)
Will I be able to take control of devices that are connected to my infrastructure through the internet?
When the device will be on the WAN, it will:
- connect to its DMZ relay
- the relay will try to contact the device, which will not be possible as it's on the WAN
- a tunnel will be opened between the two devices
When the admin will request the console to take control of the target device, the console will:
- ask the necessary information to the master to connect to the target
- try to connect to the device directly which will first fail
- as a result the console will try to connect to the target through the master, it'll fail again
- as a result it'll try to connect through the DMZ relay, which will work as there's a tunnel between the target and the dmz relay.