This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Client Management
Any version of BMC Client Management (BCM)
How do I install the BCM agent on a Linux system?
The BCM agent can be installed only on linux x64 and x86 but x86 is not supported for masters. To confirm if a version of linux is supported, please review the Software Requirements or the relevant BCM version (here it's 12.9).
Create or use an existing rollout configuration:
Use the Agent Rollout Wizard (Wizards > Agent Rollout) to create a rollout for linux or use an existing one from the Out Of the Box objects, e.g:
Do not forget to check the option "Silent Installation" so this is transparent on the target.
A- Pull Rollout:
- Follow the same than in the Knowledge Article (KA) Client Management: How to create and deploy Agent Rollouts to the Client by using the pull mode - INCLUDES VIDEO, until the file has been downloaded
- Open the Terminal
- Within the Terminal window, go to the directory where the rollout install package was saved. For example, if this file was saved on the desktop, the command to run would be:
- Then run the following command line to execute the install package:
B- Push Rollout:
- set sshd to allow ssh to the account "root":
- save the file and restart the service sshd, e.g:
$ sudo systemctl reload ssh
- Select the rollout configuration selected at the top of this KA
- Follow the same than in the Knowledge Article (KA): Client Management: How to create and deploy Agent Rollouts to clients by using the push mode - INCLUDES VIDEO.
No icon is visible on linux when the agent is running. Running the following command line would help spot the agent process: