This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Transaction Management Application Response Time - Infrastructure Edition
BMC Transaction Management Application Response Time Central
I am new to TM ART. How do I get started? What do I need to know?
1. The best documentation to read first if you are starting with TM ART is
the TM ART Application Performance Monitoring Tutorial which is here:
Look at it first.
2. TM ART could be considered as two parts: A TM ART Monitor Workbench which
is a development tool to create new synthetic monitors and then there is TM
ART Central which could be considered a production environment where those
monitors are run.
The TM ART 4.2 Central Installation and Setup Guide is here:
3. The TM ART 4.2 Monitor Workbench Install Guide is here:
4. See attached for a PDF that has some TM ART Best Practices.
5. TM ART is listed here:
TM ART 4.2 is listed here:
6. The Technical Bulletin for Service Pack 6 for TM ART 4.2 is here:
7. The latest level of TM ART is TM ART 4.2 Service Pack 7.
8. As you may already know TM ART is slated for end-of-life in 2019. And is
being replaced with TrueSight Synthetic.