This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Service Request Management
BMC Remedy ITSM, BMC Service Request Management.
How to Configure Remedy OOTB Surveys for :
4. Virtual Chat
If you have SRM Installed along with ITSM then the survey configuration has to be done in SRM (there will be no option to configure surveys for Incident, Change modules etc separately) as per the following document:
If you want to configure survey in SRM for service request created from Incident, Change Submit, please see below:
A: Configure Incident Management/Change Management to create requests in SRM
-Open the Application Administration Console
-Select the Custom Tab
-Go to Incident Management > Advanced Options > Rules
-Search for your company record
-Set “Create Request on Submit” to Yes
*Follow the same process as above for Change Management.
B: To define survey rules
1. From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
2. From the Application Settings list, choose Service Request Management > Advanced > Preferences, and click Open.
3. From the Request Preferences form, click the Surveys tab.
4. Select Global or the specific company to which this rule applies.
5. (Optional) Enter a description.
6. In the Status field, select Enabled if you want this request preference entry to be enabled; otherwise, select a different status.
7. Define survey rules:
• Enable Survey — Select Yes if you want requesters in the company to receive surveys after their requests have been completed.
• Last Surveyed Days — Specify the minimum number of days that must pass before the next survey is sent.
For example, if you enter 5, no survey will be sent for 5 days after the last survey was sent. Starting on the sixth day, a survey will be sent when the next service request is completed. Entering 0 specifies that a survey is sent every time a service request reaches the Completed status.
8. Click Save.
C: Configure Survey for SRM Incident/Change SRD:
-From the home page, go to Applications > Service Request Manager > Service Catalog Manager Console
-Under Console view Select All
-Uncheck all search criteria except Title
-Search on "Service Desk Incident" (For Change search for "Change Request")
-Select “Service Desk Incident” and click view (For Change select "Change Request" and click View)
-Click the Service Request Tab and select a survey
When End Users log a Incidents it will generate Service Request (SR) , When incident changes to the status ‘Resolved’ the Service Request status changes to Completed. Then the survey will be triggered.
*This is a global setting and will be applied to all the incidents *