This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Remedy AR System Server
AR System Mid Tier
Midtier version 7.x 8.x and 9.x
Although it is recommended to use the Flush Cache or Sync Cache buttons in the Midtier Config tool to reset cache, Support may suggest a hard cache flush. Here is the procedures to do this:
Steps to perform hard cache flush
- Stop Tomcat (Jsp Engine) Service.
- Clear out the contents of the 'work', 'temp' & 'logs' folders inside Tomcat X.X folder
- Work folder and other temp folders are mostly needed when code changes have happened such as deploying a new patch, hotfix or version. If cache is getting flushed but no other component is getting updated, this step is optional.
- Clear out the contents of the 'cache', 'cachetemp', 'attstore' and 'logs' folders present inside the Mid-Tier folder.
- Delete 'viewStats.dat' and 'viewStats.dat.bak' from <Mid-Tier folder>\WEB-INF\Classes and/or WEB-INF\classes\viewServerStats if present
- Start the Tomcat (Jsp Engine) Service.
- Clear browser cache/cookies/etc completely.