This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Remedy AR System Server
How to request a Permanent License for AR System Server via Support Web.
The information/data required to be able to proceed with the procedure described here is:
a) To have a valid BMC Support profile to be able to access to the BMC Support website.
b) To be in possession of this information:
c) Purchase Order Number
You will need to possess the Purchase Order Number which it is part of the Order Detail e-mail sent to you after having purchased the Licenses.
If for any reason you do not have this Purchase Order Reference number you will not be able to proceed further.
If you need to have this information please check and contact your BMC Account Manager.
d) The version of the AR Server for which the License is.
e) Site Name (*)
This is not always required since it is in most of the cases attached to the Purchase Order and it will be populated automatically.
f) Host ID.
This is the Host Id listed in the ARSystem Server under the the Add/Remove Licenses form. Please be sure to have this number.
The Host ID is the MAC Address the application takes from the Operating System.
If you meet all the above requirements, please follow these steps:
1. Using your BMC Support profile and credentials go to our Support Central website (Link) and select My Support > License and Passwords
2. Go down to the BMC Remedy License Keys section.
3. Select the option: Request a New License
4. Check the BMC End User License Agreement document.
At the very end there is a link: I agree . Select it to proceed further.
5. Fill in the relevant fields.
(as mentioned at the beginning of this article)
- Support contract ID (By default it get selected, if you have multiple support contract ID you can choose the correct one).
- Purchase Order Number
- Email Address
- What version is your AR Server?
- Site Name
- Host ID
6. The available Licenses will be displayed.
7. Click in Qty Requested and type the amount of Licenses for the ARServer (1 Lic is enough for the AR Server).
8. Press Request License. A notification of the request will be displayed informing the e-mail address where is sent.
The new License can take between 2-3 minutes up to 1 hour.
Remedy - Server - How to apply an AR Server License into the application
Remedy - Server - How to request a Trial/Temporary License for AR System Server via Support Web
Remedy - Server - How to Purge a License for AR System Server via Support Web
Remedy - Server - How to Upgrade a License File for AR System Server via Support Web