BMC, the leader in IT solutions for the digital enterprise, today announced the general availability of the new BMC Innovation Suite solution for developers. Initially available on Amazon Web Services, the cloud-based development environment is designed to empower developers as well as business analysts to co-create powerful enterprise apps with stunning user experiences.
With new revenue streams, operational efficiencies, and outcome-based business models, enterprises are looking for ways to accelerate digital service offerings on the cloud. Enterprises are evaluating digital platforms that are capable of delivering transformational innovations in multi-source cloud, multi-workloads, and IoT environments at a rapid pace. IDC predicts that by 2018, more than 60 percent of new apps will use cloud-enabled continuous delivery and cloud-native application architectures to enable faster innovation and business agility1. Developers are the central players in enabling successful digital transformation strategies, and the new offering empowers developers and business analysts to co-create innovative digital service management applications in the cloud.
“Innovation can no longer only be driven by IT. The priorities of digital business require that BMC empowers faster innovation across organizations, so we are raising our commitment to developers and building an ecosystem where we support ‘no-code, low-code and pro-coder’ developer-environment capabilities,” said Nayaki Nayyar, president, Digital Service Management at BMC. “In a complex multi-source environment landscape, BMC Innovation Suite enables businesses to accelerate digital service management apps and services getting to market through agile app development and offers a huge competitive advantage to those companies adopting it.”
Tailored for third-party developers and freelancers as well as partner and customer app developers, the BMC Innovation Suite solution combines modern coding languages with simplified design tools.
Other features include:
- Innovation Studio: Simple, intuitive drag-and-drop UI to do codeless innovation, enabling business users to collaborate with IT.
- SDK: A set of tools and samples that is integrated with the Innovation Studio feature.
- Library of connectors and components: Capabilities that can be used to extend and configure when building powerful applications.
- REST APIs: APIs required to integrate with external systems.
- Developer Education: Self-learning content.
Keynote speeches at BMC Engage 2016, the largest annual gathering of BMC users, showcased some of the early beta apps built by developers including the following:
- Innovator House Developers created a Kick Starter-like app for enterprises
- Capgemini delivered its Intelligent Cloud app, with rich end-to-end functionality to request and provision virtual machines
- Fusion developed a secure Data Center visitor management app
“As a service design architect, I am often working with clients who need a lot of flexibility in how applications are built to support business processes,” said Lukasz Piech, architect in Capgemini’s Service Integration Practice. “Using common process modeling notation to create little- or no-code applications with BMC Innovation Suite can greatly improve time-to-market for delivering new, complex multi-tenant solutions that respond to business requirements.”
Source: Tom Smith