What is REST ?
REpresentational State Transfer (REST) is an architectural style used for web development. In REST architecture, data and functions are considered resources and are accessed using Uniform Resource Identifiers (URI). Client and Server exchange representation of resources using standard interface and protocol
What is REST Web Service ?
Web Services based on REST style architecture are called RESTful Web Services. REST Web Services are becoming one of the most important technologies for web development. As a standard, Enterprise Tools are including REST Web Services to receive and send information from the applications
Every system uses resources viz., web pages, data & events, business information and relationships etc. REST Web Services provide API so that client can access these resources
TrueSight Web Services & Functions
TrueSight Web Service Functions in TSPS and TSIM are outlined below,
REST API Integration Use Cases
REST Web Service APIs are extremely useful and can be used for various integrations. Some examples are,
- Integrate third-party tools data & events with TrueSight
- Retrieve data & events from TrueSight to third-party tools or custom portal for reporting
- Create CIs and Relationships in TrueSight from third-party configuration management tool for enrichment & correlation
- Integrate third-party ITSM Application with TrueSight for Incident Management, Change Management and other ITSM modules
- TrueSight Administration viz., Manage Infrastructure Management Polices & Time frames, Manage Service Level Objectives, Manage Integration Services & Cluster etc.
REST APIs can be customized and extended for integration with any Application that supports REST based web services
TrueSight Web Services Usage & Testing
Attached document explains below sections in detail,
- Introduction to TrueSight Web Services
- Setting up 'Postman' utility to test REST APIs
- TrueSight Presentation Server Web Services & Functions
- TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server Web Services & Functions
Hope it helps