The DCA Development and Product Management Team are proud to announce the GA release of BladeLogic Server Automation 8.9!
This release brings important new features to our versioning, patching and reporting capabilities. Our customers have been pivotal in designing these new features and helping us bring the product to market.
Git Integration Additions
BladeLogic now supports NSH script and parameter versions in GIT. This allows users to control and manage the correct versions of NSH scripts saving time and effort by using certified and approved NSH jobs.
Patching Enhancements and Additions
- New Exclusion Window capability allows users to limit job access to servers that are part of this group.
- Support for SuSE 12 zSeries
- Support for Red Hat 5-7 zSeries
- Support for Red Hat Content Delivery Network (CDN) allows users to pull patches and installers from the Red Hat site. CDN is taking the place of RHN and all future updates will be avaialble via this new delivery method.
- SuSE CVE-ID and child channel support allows users to see the CVE-ID as part of the patch catalog metadata. Users can filter by CVE-ID on SuSE patches as needed.
- Patch catalog performance improvements have been made to give users rapid catalog creation and faster scan analysis on targets.
- Live reporting for Job Activities gives users information on job history, success and failure rates, agent status.
- Live reporting for Compliance gives users historical and present compliance status of the managed environment.
- Live reporting for Cohort Patch Analysis gives users a breakdown by OS, number of patches installed and missing from targets.
- Open schema for BDSSA allows our users to import this data into their own BI tools.
- New PCI v3 templates
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- New CIS templates
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- New DISA templates
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2012
- Red Hat Linux 5
- Red Hat Linux 6
- Compliance performance improvements
- AIX 7.2
- SuSE 11 and 12 zSeries
- Red Hat 5-7 zSeries
- Close Loop Automation (API support for Remedy 9 with Atrium Orchestra). This gives our customers the ability to integrate with Remedy 9 and get the value of incident management and closed loop compliance quickly. This integration uses the native API's in Remedy allowing for a seamless integration between the products.
- Log collection support gives our customers the ability to generate the necessary log files from failed job runs. This will save time in troubleshooting and help support with getting the required files needed to assist the customer to resolution.
To download BladeLogic Server Automation 8.9 software, please visit Electronic Product Download (EPD)
To see the full list of new features in the release, please go to docs.bmc.com