BAO Zipkit - Network Tools - IP Math
A set of workflow utilities to deal with IP address and subnet calculations.
While Integrating ADDM and 3rd party asset information into CMDB, network IP and subnet values were required to map the CI's properly. BAO is used to enrich the 3rd party data for further consumption by CMDB.
|ConvertTo-BinaryIP||IP maths||Converts a Decimal IP address into a binary format.|
|ConvertTo-DecimalIP||IP maths||Converts a Decimal IP address into a 32-bit unsigned integer.|
|ConvertTo-DottedDecimalIP||IP maths||Converts either an unsigned 32-bit integer or a dotted binary string to an IP Address.|
|ConvertTo-HexIP||IP maths||Convert a dotted decimal IP address into a hexadecimal string.|
|ConvertFrom-HexIP||IP maths||Converts a hexadecimal IP address into a dotted decimal string.|
|ConvertTo-MaskLength||IP maths||Convert a dotted-decimal subnet mask to a mask length.|
|ConvertTo-Mask||IP maths||Convert a mask length to a dotted-decimal subnet mask.|
|ConvertTo-Subnet||IP maths||Convert a start and end IP address to the closest matching subnet.|
|Get-BroadcastAddress||IP maths||Get the broadcast address for a network range.|
|Get-NetworkAddress||IP maths||Get the network address for a network range.|
|Get-NetworkRange||IP maths||Get a list of IP addresses within the specified network.|
|Get-NetworkSummary||IP maths||Generates a summary describing several properties of a network range|
|Get-Subnets||IP maths||Get a list of subnets of a given size within a defined supernet.|
|Test-SubnetMember||IP maths||Tests an IP address to determine if it falls within IP address range.|
|Get-Manufacturer||MAC address tools||Get the manufacturer associated with a MAC address.|
|Get-PublicIP||General testing||Get information the current public IP address used by the client.|
[Version 1.0 - 07/14/2015]
First released version
Indented.Common is a library of common functions required by and shared across several of the PowerShell modules.
Indented.NetworkTools is a collection of CmdLets dealing with IP maths.
- Your execution policy must be set to a minimum of AllSigned, Indented.Common is signed.
- A minimum of PowerShell 3.0; The module has also been tested under PowerShell 4.0.
- Command Line Adapter - Configure adapter name in module config, default: Base Cmd Adapter
Automatic & Manual installation
- Open PowerShell then execute the following command to invoke the web-based installer:
- Invoke-Expression (New-Object Net.WebClient).DownloadString("http://www.indented.co.uk/ps-modules/module-installer.ps1")
- Install-IndentedModule Indented.NetworkTools
- Execute 'Update-ManufacturerList' in PowerShell on BAO peer hosting command line adapter
- Run peer with privilege service account
License coverage under (ISC) licence statement
Please share comments on how this worked for you
Regards, "Smooth Orchestrator"