Please take brief survey : LUCU Survey 2020
BMC License Usage Collection Utility version 5.0.00 is available from July 10, 2020.
What's New in this Release
This release has few enhancements in the product along with new BMC product support enhancements.
Product New Enhancements:
- BMC License Utility now supports French language (fr-FR) in addition to English and German languages.
- BMC License Usage Collection Utility now provides support for TrueSight App Visibility Manager (TSAVM) product.
- The TSAVM reports consists of detailed reports for each connected TSAVM component. In addition to the summarized report, each TSAVM report includes current-count and high-count server details in separate file generated for each component.
- BMC License Usage Collection Utility has added support for BMC Digital Workplace Named User Report. This feature consumes AR Server REST API and fetches the user information using AR CTM:People form. This tool generates the anonymous report and protects user’s personal information.
- The existing MyIT and BMC Digital Workplace active user reports are now anonymized to protect user’s personal information.
Product support enhancement available through Just in Time support model :
- BMC Discovery (Discovery) - 20.08
- Remedy AR System Server (ARS) - 20.02
- TrueSight Capacity Optimization (TSCO) - 20.02
- TrueSight Network Automation (TSNA) - 20.02
- TrueSight Server Automation (TSSA) - 20.02
- BMC Digital Workplace (MyIT) - 19.08, 19.11, 20.02
- BMC Database Automation (BDA) - 20.20.01
- TrueSight Operations Management (TSOM) - 11.3.04
This utility is free to download and provides a centralized tool to gather license data across BMC products.
It can be downloaded from two locations :
- Electronic Product Distribution (Recommended). Click here to download from EPD.
- Alternate Download. Click here to download.
Please find below checksum keys:
- MD5 hash: 9526df4f1a3a08f2176c5a9ce5011225
- sha256 hash: 70a353e854c3094436b64004fef473531a286ce312874ec9107d967ea60c7a05
- sha1 hash: ecb0e84d0a1a9d358f942c6c9306b94834fcfc46
- Online help
- Demo videos
- Four new videos for the 'BMC License Usage Collection Utility version 4.7 and later' are available on YouTube with voice narration.
- Are these videos helpful? Please let us know by liking, sharing, or commenting on the videos in YouTube.
- Following 4 videos are available here in the video playlist
- Adding deployments (connecting the license utility to a BMC product)
- Running reports
- Emailing and scheduling reports
- Creating dashboard bar charts
About the BMC License Usage Collection Utility
The BMC License Usage Collection Utility enables you to view license compliance usage reports for your BMC product deployments. Each license report is specific to each BMC product; therefore, the file format and contents vary depending on the product. You can also view log reports that can be used to troubleshoot problems with failed deployments and with running reports. It comes with rich feature of automation where user can set periodical report run and receive generated reported on their configured email ID. Dashboard feature provides users to get a quick view of BMC product usage in one go which helps to monitor licensing.
Current products support by the utility include:
Discovery 8.3.2 to 20.08
Bladelogic Database Automation 8.3 to 20.20.01
TrueSight Network Automation 8.3 to 20.02
TrueSight Server Automation 8.2 to 20.02
Client Management 11.6 to 12.9
TrueSight Capacity Optimization 10.5 to 20.02
Release Package and Deployment 4.8 to 5.0.03
Release Process Management 4.6 to 5.0.03
Digital Workplace 3.1. to 20.02
TrueSight Operations Mgmt 10.7 to 11.3.04
TrueSight App Visibility Manager 11.0.00 to 11.3.03
- If you are running Remedy AR System Server v19.02 and need to generate a license compliance report, refer the Remedy ARS Knowledge Article : ARS 19.02 produse fails to run. May report ClassNotFoundException or no error at all
- For ARS v19.02.01 : If you are running the Remedy AR System Server 19.02.01 on UNIX platform and you need to generate a license compliance report, see workaround of SW00558482 at: https://docs.bmc.com/docs/ars1902/known-and-corrected-issues-836453796.html
Additional product supports will be added in future releases.
To provide feedback or questions, please comment on this post or contact us: LicenseUtility@bmc.com