BMC License Usage Collection Utility version 4.8.00 is available from April 10, 2019.
What's New in this Release
This release has few enhancements in the product along with new BMC product support enhancement.
Product New Enhancements:
- Change in BMC Discovery Report Format prior to v11.2 in License Utility. New reports are generated with anonymized data for Server Name and Operating System columns.
- Similar to the chart on Dashboard tab, product usage Charts are available through Manual/Auto execution.
- On Help Tab, “Link to YouTube Video" navigate to YouTube Video Playlist of product.
Product support enhanced :
- BMC Client Management (BCM) 12.8
- BMC Truesight Network Automation (BNA) 8.9.04
- BMC Truesight Capacity Optimzation (TSCO) 11.5
- BMC Truesight Server Automation (BSA) 8.9.04
- BMC Digital Workplace (MyIT) 18.11.00 and 19.02
- BMC Truesight Operations Management (TSOM) 11.3.02
This utility is free to download and provides a centralized tool to gather license data across BMC products.
It can be downloaded from two locations :
- Electronic Product Distribution (Recommended). Click here to download from EPD.
- Alternate Download. Click here to download.
Please find below MD5 and SHA1 hash checksum keys:
MD5 sum : 4d157d73b8bff779f9294c4b8af19eb3
Sha1 sum : 2a7f6bbcf5df6f83e46ce2a8f8020c9f78b955d8
- Online help
- Demo videos
- Four new videos for the BMC License Usage Collection Utility version 4.7 are now available on YouTube with voice narration.
- Are these videos helpful? Please let us know by liking, sharing, or commenting on the videos in YouTube.
- Following 4 videos are available here in the video playlist
- Adding deployments (connecting the license utility to a BMC product)
- Running reports
- Emailing and scheduling reports
- Creating dashboard bar charts
About the BMC License Usage Collection Utility
The BMC License Usage Collection Utility enables you to view license compliance usage reports for your BMC product deployments. Each license report is specific to each BMC product; therefore, the file format and contents vary depending on the product. You can also view log reports that can be used to troubleshoot problems with failed deployments and with running reports. It comes with rich feature of automation where user can set periodical report run and receive generated reported on their configured email ID. Dashboard feature provides users to get a quick view of BMC product usage in one go which helps to monitor licensing.
Current products support by the utility include:
Discovery 8.3.2 to 11.3
Bladelogic Database Automation 8.3 to 20.19.02
TrueSight Network Automation 8.3 to 8.9.04
TrueSight Server Automation 8.2 to 8.9.04
Client Management 11.6 to 12.8
TrueSight Capacity Optimization 10.5 to 11.5.01
Release Package and Deployment 4.8 to 5.0.03
Release Process Management 4.6 to 5.0.03
Digital Workplace 3.1. to 19.02
TrueSight Operations Mgmt 10.7 to 11.3.02
Note : BMC License Usage Collection Utility v4.8.00 does not support Remedy AR System Server (ARS) v19.02 due to the issue with produse.exe.
If you are running AR v19.02 and need to generate a license compliance report, refer the Remedy AR Knowledge Article : Remedy - Server - ARS 19.02 produse fails to run. Error: "ClassNotFoundException" or no error at all
Additional product supports will be added in future releases.
To provide feedback or questions, please comment on this post or contact us: LicenseUtility@bmc.com