BMC License Usage Collection Utility version 4.9.00 is available from October 10, 2019.
What's New in this Release
This release has few enhancements in the product along with new BMC product support enhancement.
Product New Enhancements:
- BMC License Usage Collection Utility now provides enhancements in the TrueSight Operations Management (TSOM) reports.
- The TSOM reports now consists of detailed reports for each connected TSIM component. In addition to the summarized report, each TSIM report consists of current-count and high-count details in separate files.
- BMC License Usage Collection Utility scheduler has been enhanced to include the details of the scheduled run in the notification Email’s subject field.
- The scheduled deployment’s execution notification email now contains the deployment ID, product name and deployment status in the email subject. You do not need to view the report ZIP files or logs to know the deployment status of a product.
- BMC License Usage Collection Utility now provides a UI tip for just in time product support. You can click this tip and navigate to the documentation that provides information about the latest additions to supported versions.
- The Windows batch file for BMC Server Automation (BSA) 8.7 and later versions is now updated to work with the blcred utility.
Product support enhanced :
- BMC Digital Workplace (MyIT) 19.05
Note for BMC Digital Workplace (MyIT) 3.1 to 19.05 :
Future License Usage Collection Utility will remove MyIT/DWP active user count mechanism and update with new API when available to pull the named user count. Instructions for manually pulling MyIT/DWP license usage report are now available at : How To: Measure BMC Helix Digital Workplace Usage
This utility is free to download and provides a centralized tool to gather license data across BMC products.
It can be downloaded from two locations :
- Electronic Product Distribution (Recommended). Click here to download from EPD.
- Alternate Download. Click here to download.
Please find below checksum keys:
- MD5 hash: ca709ac5572faf1d0a220cce5e30efda
- sha256 hash: a5d30d8d315bcc7e88e8cac3492e98b8caf79da9d5aa0619389ff925c5712515
- sha1 hash: 02216d6fcd9170f053b4d744c1ee939124c1cc86
- Online help
- Demo videos
- Four new videos for the BMC License Usage Collection Utility version 4.7 are now available on YouTube with voice narration.
- Are these videos helpful? Please let us know by liking, sharing, or commenting on the videos in YouTube.
- Following 4 videos are available here in the video playlist
- Adding deployments (connecting the license utility to a BMC product)
- Running reports
- Emailing and scheduling reports
- Creating dashboard bar charts
About the BMC License Usage Collection Utility
The BMC License Usage Collection Utility enables you to view license compliance usage reports for your BMC product deployments. Each license report is specific to each BMC product; therefore, the file format and contents vary depending on the product. You can also view log reports that can be used to troubleshoot problems with failed deployments and with running reports. It comes with rich feature of automation where user can set periodical report run and receive generated reported on their configured email ID. Dashboard feature provides users to get a quick view of BMC product usage in one go which helps to monitor licensing.
Current products support by the utility include:
Discovery 8.3.2 to 11.3
Bladelogic Database Automation 8.3 to 20.19.03
TrueSight Network Automation 8.3 to 20.02
TrueSight Server Automation 8.2 to 20.02
Client Management 11.6 to 12.9
TrueSight Capacity Optimization 10.5 to 20.02
Release Package and Deployment 4.8 to 5.0.03
Release Process Management 4.6 to 5.0.03
Digital Workplace 3.1. to 19.05
TrueSight Operations Mgmt 10.7 to 11.3.03
Note : BMC License Usage Collection Utility does not directly support Remedy AR System Server (ARS) v19.02 due to the issue with produse.exe and need some configuration changes as referred below :
- If you are running Remedy AR System Server v19.02 and need to generate a license compliance report, refer the Remedy ARS Knowledge Article : ARS 19.02 produse fails to run. May report ClassNotFoundException or no error at all
- For ARS v19.02.01 : If you are running the Remedy AR System Server 19.02.01 on UNIX platform and you need to generate a license compliance report, see workaround of SW00558482 at: https://docs.bmc.com/docs/ars1902/known-and-corrected-issues-836453796.html
Additional product supports will be added in future releases.
To provide feedback or questions, please comment on this post or contact us: LicenseUtility@bmc.com