IBM SoftLayer is the registered trademark of IBM Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
SoftLayer is a public cloud offering from IBM. A newly written provider by BMC enables all SoftLayer workloads to be managed easily in the BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management solution through the BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management console.
This integration is an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) solution, which enables the following services:
- Provides a platform for development and testing for enterprise customers enabling them to use their own server software licenses and bits to create Virtual Machines (VMs) tailored to their specific needs.
- Extends the existing environment and leverages investment in IBM SoftLayer while deploying in the public cloud.
- Provisions VMs from an image list of pre-populated templates available in IBM SoftLayer.
- Provisions VMs from either public or private (Custom) images.
- Provisions VMs at different geographical locations from a list of pre-populated locations.
- Attaches and uses disks for storage with a choice of Local or SAN backed volume.
It includes the following additional features:
- Allows remote logins via Remote Desktop Procedure (RDP), PowerShell, Secure Socket Shell (SSH), or Terminal Server, to customize VMs
- Single-Tier and Multi-Tier Deployments
- Start, Stop, Shutdown, and Decommission VMs
- Modify the CPU count and memory size of the provisioned VMs (post-provisioning)
- Add additional hard drives either SAN-assisted or locally-enabled
- Install software on provisioned VMs (post-provisioning) by using BMC Server Automation
- Onboard a SoftLayer vDC and its associated networks, which are backed by VLANs
- Place VMs in a specific site and a network
For more information,please see
IBM SoftLayer integration is compatible with BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management 4.1 and BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management 4.5 however they have separate installers. Based on your environment type, you can download the following installer files:
IBM SoftLayer installer file for BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management 4.5 and 4.1
SoftLayer Provider 1.0 Installer for Windows: IBM-Softlayer 1.0.0 Windows Installer for CLM 4.5.00
SoftLayer Provider 1.0 Installer for Linux: IBM-Softlayer 1.0.0 Linux Installer for CLM 4.5.00
SoftLayer Provider 1.0 Installer for Windows: IBM-Softlayer 1.0.0 Windows Installer for CLM 4.1.00
SoftLayer Provider 1.0 Installer for Linux: IBM-Softlayer 1.0.0 Linux Installer for CLM 4.1.00
To know how to install SoftLayer Provider using installer, please refer attached document Installing the IBM Softlayer Provider using Installer
IBM SoftLayer for BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management 4.6
DO NOT install the provider zipkits separately to be used with 4.6.00.
The 4.6.03 installer contains the Azure, OpenStack, and SoftLayer providers.
Therefore, if your CLM version is 4.6.00 and you want to use third-party providers, BMC recommends that you install 4.6.03.
For details about this integration, contact email@example.com.