Steps to start tomcat service in background on windows appserver.
- Download the full Tomcat installer “apache-tomcat-6.0.41-windows-x64.exe” from http://tomcat.apache.org/download-60.cgi (or whatever the latest version is. Tomcat 6 or 7 are fine)
- Run the installer
- copy the <dashboard>/Tomcat/webapps/dashboard directory to the webapps directory of the new tomcat install.
- Open the services console using “service.msc” and
- Right click on the tomcat service and click properties, it will open tomcat service properties window.
- Go to 'Log On" tab and select “This account” and provide the user id & password for the account that has been running the interactive version of Tomcat i.e. “administrator”.
- Go to the General tab and change "Startup type" from Manual to Automatic. This will start the service automatically after every restart of appserver machine.
- Start the tomcat service.
5. Once the tomcat service starts, access the reports via the URL "http://<Appserver>:8080/dashboard/" (or whatever port you specified.)