|Blade ZipKit Package Info|
|Name: Oracle Solaris System Package|
|Type: OS System Package|
|BSA Compatible Versions: 8.5, 8.7|
|More Info: Creating a System Package|
|Created By: Jared Murrell|
This System Package is for Oracle Solaris 10 x86 either VMware or bare metal.
There are four (4) device properties that are utilized to keep this system package dynamic:
The disk layout is an example of mirroring, and should be modified to match the environment where the target server will be built. In the Begin Script the disk ID's are replaced by the discovered UUID's that are in use on modern Oracle x86 servers. In the Add Install Client Script tab there is a line commented out for provisioning virtual machines. Uncomment this line to provision a hardware box if you wish to disable USB (during install only, since some servers hang on USB detection) and redirect the input/output to serial (ttya) during installation.
Instructions for importing the package:
- Download the attached zip file
- Extract the content to a location accessible by the BSA Console
- From the BSA Console, select Depot, right-click and select Import
- Browse to the location of the un-zipped folder (example: Oracle Solaris 10 x86)
- Check the box for "Automatically map or create export group"
- Click Next twice
- Select a location where to place this new package in BSA (default will keep structure of the package as it was exported)
- Click Finish
Once the import has completed, browse to the location of the package in the Depot to confirm the configuration and settings.
There is nothing particularly special about this System Package that makes it work only on 8.5+. It was simply created with 8.5.01. The exact same settings will work with 8.1 and higher.