|BRPM Automation Info|
|Type: Resource Automation|
|RPM Compatible Version: 4.3 and higher|
|Integration type: BAA/BSA|
Created by: Fred Breton
It is also possible to select all the servers that are associated to the component of the request at BRPM level. This is useful do define request template that can generate request without need of then changing content of the steps.
This resource automation has to have a Tree type and return an array of strings that have the following format: object_name|objectId|objectType|object_dbKey
You need to create an integration server pointing to your BladeLogic server to point the API (if not already done). FromSystem > Integrations, click Create new Integration at the right side of your screen:
Server Name: <up to you>
Server URL: <BladeLogic Webservice url; example: https://bl-appserver:9843>
Username: <BLadeLogic user>
password: <password of previously defined user>
Details: role: <role you want to use; example BLAdmins>
authentication_mode: <example: SRP>
If you want to create a new automation category for BSA associated resource automation and automation follow the documentation Managing automation categories.
Instruction for importing the resource automation:
- Click on the link bsa_getservers.rb to download the resource automation
- Copy the file to your BRPM server in
<BRPM install dir>/lib/script_support/
Automation category is one you may have created (requirements) and you may need to create the associated directory, or one already existing.
- From the BRM Console you need to import the resource automation, Environment -> Automation, click on Import scripts from Library on the right top of the screen.
- Select the integration server (the BAA/BSA server you'll connect to), to use as -> resource automation, and the Category in which you've classified your resource automation.
- A list of non already imported resource automation should appear. Check the box associated with the script you want to import. Click import button.
The following files that are script libraries that need to have been copied on <BRPM install dir>/lib/script_support folder of your BRPM server: bsa_utilities.rb and script_helper.rb (the last one replacing the file provided with the product) . After those files have been added to the environment, you need to restart BRPM.
*Note: This is a community supported content