|Blade ZipKit Package Info|
|BSA Compatible Version: 8.5.x|
|More Info: Apache Tomcat Server|
Created by: Fred Breton
This package is to deploy the tomcat binaries to a Linux OS. It doesn't create or start any Tomcat instance. To do so, you then need to use package CreateInstance-Linux.
The package has been tested on RedHat but may work on other Unix flavor with few modifications
Instruction fro importing the package:
- Click on the link DeployBinaries-Linux.zip to download the ZipKit
- Extract the content to a location accessible by the BSA Console
- Download Tomcat tar.gz core from Apache Tomcat - Welcome! (example: apache-tomcat-7.0.54.tar.gz) and copy it in the package folder DeployBinaries-Linux/files/blpackages/ba56aea9-358b-4077-8cd5-9f418fee034c/89.1 renaming the file to apache-tomcat.tar.gz
- From the BSA Console, select in the Depot the folder in which you want to import the package, right-click and select Import
- Browse to the local folder to select the package folder that is DeployBinaries-Linux, click Next.
- Click Next twice
- Click Finish
The package can be parameterized with the following properties:
- TOMCAT_INSTALL_DIR: Installation path where tomcat binaries will be installed (default value: /opt/tomcat7)
- TOMCAT_GID: Group id of system group tomcat that will be created (default value: 501)
On top of binary deployment, the package will also create a folder $TOMCAT_INSTALL_DIR/instances with full right for tomcat group. This folder can be use as root for instance folders of tomcat instance that can be created using CreateInstance-Linux.
*Note: This is a community supported package