Blade ZipKit Package Info
Name: Upgrade BladeLogic RSCD Agent (Windows)
Type: NSH Script
BSA Compatible Version: 8.3.x
More Info: NA
Created by: Cody Dean
Tested version on: 8.3, 8.5
Tested against host running: Windows 2003, 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2012R2
This package installs the latest BladeLogic RSCD Agent on a Windows server from BladeLogic. Server must be communicating in BladeLogic prior to running the script. Script is intended for upgrading the agent only.
Instructions for importing the package:
- Download the attached zip file
- Extract the zip file
- Create a "BladeLogic Agent – Windows” folder in the Depot Workspace (or edit the path in the NSH script)
- Create a New NSH Script in the Depot folder that was created and select the UpdateBladeLogicRSCD.nsh file you just extracted.
- Script should be a Type 2 NSH Script with a single parameter – “HOST” with value “%h”
- Obtain the RSCD Agent MSI for both x86 and x64 from BMC.
- Rename the 32-bit installer “RSCD-WIN32.msi” and the 64-bit installer “RSCD-WIN64.msi”
- Add the two installer packages (New -> File) into the Depot folder created.
- Create an NSH Script Job using the UpdateBladeLogicRSCD.nsh and select your targets, ect
- Execute the job to upgrade the agents on the target servers.
*This can be utilized for future version of the RSCD agent by replacing the two files that were added to the Depot folder*
*Note: This is a community-supported package.