By Saroj Sahu:
This utility is intended to correct the “ap:role” and “apr:approver lookup” records (only Approval Group mappings) in case they were corrupted by any means.
- Apply the HotFix given for defect "SW00450264"(The hotfix for defect SW00450264 is available in Knowledge article KA398307)
- Apply the Hotfix given for defect "SW00449426" (The hotfix for defect SW00449426 is available in Knowledge article KA396374)
Take backup of all records in the forms “AP:Role” and “APR:Approver Lookup” form
1.1 Login to UT / MT with Admin rights. Open the form "AP:Role" and search for all the records.
- Select all the records
- Create a new report with all fields and generate an ARX report for all the records.
- This ARX may be used to restore to original state in case there is a need to revert the fix.
Perform the steps given in 1.1. above for form “APR:Approver Lookup”
Optional: This hotfix does dummy update on the form “CTM:SupportGroupFunctionalRole”. Only timestamps is modified. However you may prefer to backup the records in this form as well.
Login to UT / MT with Admin rights. Open the form "CTM:SupportGroupFunctionalRole" and search for all the records.
Select all the records
Create a new report with all fields and generate an ARX report for all the records.
This ARX may be used to restore to original state in case there is a need to revert the fix.
How to revert Hot fix/Utility:
The below record added as part of this fix (utility) need to be removed.
Task tag: INT_APSFND_SGR_MIGRATIONTASK_RESETAPROLERECORDS
How to Apply Hot fix/Utility:
Extract the FixAPRoleAndAprMappingRecordsUtil_80 files into some folder. It will have the below files. Follow steps as mentioned below to deploy this hotfix.
Using DEV-STUDIO, import the workflow objects provided in the DEF file “FixAPRoleRecordsUtil_TempFilter.def”. While importing check the field "Replace objects on the destination server" in the Import Objects wizard in DeveloperStudio:
- Import the data record provided in the ARX file FixAPRoleRecordsUtil-TempRecord.arx.
- Login to "BMC Remedy Data Import" tool with admin rights.
- Click on tool button, create a new mapping file and select the below options:
3.1. Source data file: FixAPRoleRecordsUtil-TempRecord.arx (with full path name)
3.2. Source form name: MSM:MigrationTasks
3.3. Target server: select the ARS server name here
3.4. Target form name: MSM:MigrationTasks
3.5. Value field mappings: Click on Auto map
3.6. Options tab -> Duplicates section:
3.6.1. Handle duplicate request ids by: Update old record with new record's data
3.6.2. Match duplicate request by: Custom fields
126.96.36.199. Click add and select the field: InstanceID (179)
3.6.3. If any request match: Use first matching request
3.7. Click on "Start import" tool button on user tool.
3.8. Make sure 1 record got successfully imported.
Note: After this step verify the “AP:Role” and “APR:Approver Lookup” records and ensure that the “ap:role” and “APR:Approver Lookup” records are rectified with correct data.
The workflow object and record created in steps 1 and 2 above are temporary and can be deleted after step-2 is successfully completed. Or these can also remain in place in case there is a need to rerun the utility in future.
In order to delete/revert this utility from the system, follow the steps below:
Login to DEV studio with admin rights. Locate and delete the filter named “INT:APSFND:SGR:MigrationTask_ResetAPRoleRecords”.
Login to UT/MT with admin rights. Open the form “MSM:MigrationTasks”. Search for the record with tag “INT_APSFND_SGR_MIGRATIONTASK_RESETAPROLERECORDS”. This will return 1 record. Delete this record.
- This utility is compatible on ITSM version 8.0-GA only. However this may be applied to other 8.x versions as well with proper prior testing.
- You may prefer to take backup of the above mentioned workflow objects just in case there is a need to revert to original state.
- If you have Overlays on any of the objects above, you must promote the changes to the overlay.
- Please verify the behavior of the utility in your dev environment prior to moving to production.
Make sure that all the “ap:role” and “APR:Approver Lookup” data records are corrected after applying this fix.
- Test as per issue steps.
- Test with more than one approver id missing in ap:role record.
Also ensure no corruption to the data in CTM:SupportGroupFunctionalRole form records occurred.
Important Note: This utility is NOT part of Out-of-the-Box BMC Remedy Change Management Application.