|Blade ZipKit Package Info|
|Name: Agent Health Status - Root Cause Check|
|Type: NSH Type 2 Script|
|BSA Compatible Version: 8.3.x|
|Created By: Daniel Goetzman|
|Tested version on: 220.127.116.112 on Red Hat Linux x86_64 app server|
|Tested against host running: Windows 2003, Windows 2008, Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2012, Red Hat Linux 5.x, Red Hat 6.x|
This ZipKit contains a NSH type 2 script that attempts to analyze the root cause for servers that have AGENT_STATE=Agent is not responding
The script uses the following sequence to determine root cause and update Server Property AGENT_STATUS_CAUSE;
- Check if defined in DNS (using Linux "host" command)
- Ping server to see if available
- Use nmap to verify if the RSCD agent port is OPEN (IE RSCD Agent is started and bound to the expected port)
- Use agentinfo to verify agent state and if licensed
Server Property will be set to the first root cause test that fails, indicating the problem with the agent connectivity.
Pre-reqs for using the script:
- NMAP must be installed. You can find a version here: NMAP
- Create the Server Property AGENT_STATUS_CAUSE in the Property Dictionary as shown below;
Instructions for importing the package:
- Download the attached zip file.
- Extract the content to a location accessible by the BSA Console
- From the BSA Console, select Depot, right-click and select Import
- Browse to the location of the un-zipped folder
- Check the box for "Automatically map or create export group"
- Click Next twice
- Select a location where to place this new package in BSA (default will keep structure of the package as it was exported)
- Click Finish
- *Note: This is a community-supported package.