Blade ZipKit Package Info
Type: BLPackage, NSH Script, Component Template
BSA Compatible Version: 8.3.x
Created by: Naveen Anne
This zip kit contains a batch job 00_Parse Security Logs which includes the following member jobs:
1. 01_Get Servers - The purpose of this job is to read an input file in csv format, get a list of server names from input file and add these servers as targets to member job#2 i.e. Log Parser File Deploy Job.
PREREQUISITES FOR JOB#1: The input file must have server names in column 1.
2. 02_Parse Security Logs - The purpose of this job is to two fold: a) Deploy "LogParser.exe" executable file to each target. b) Run LogParser on the target to obtain security event log for the past 24 hours. c) Write the output of LogParser to a csv formatted file.
PREREQUISITES FOR JOB#2: The source location for LogParser.exe is set to //<host>/C/Temp/pro. The destination location to deploy LogParser.exe is set to /C/Temp. Change these locations accordingly.
3. 03_Get Security Logs - This job copies the csv formatted output file obtained from LogParser from each target server to a central location.
PREREQUISITES FOR JOB#3: The location to copy all csv files is set to /c/Temp/pro/csvs as this was tested on a windows server. Change the location accordingly if the application server is a Linux flavored server.
4. 04_Consolidate Security Logs - The purpose this last job in the list of member jobs is to read each csv file copied from all targets in member job#3 and create 1 single csv formatted output file. This job uses a perl script to take advantage of faster file read and better string manipulation features.
PREREQUISITES FOR JOB#4:
a).The perl script assumes that all csv files are present in 'C:\Temp\pro\csvs' directory. If you copied csv files to a different directory by changing the location in job#3, please modify line#2 in the perl script.
b). The final output file is written to 'C:\Temp\pro'. If the location is different in your environment, please modify line#8 in the perl script accordingly.
c). Perl must be installed on server in which this job is executed.
Instructions for importing the package:
- Download the attached zip file
- Extract the content to a location accessible by the BSA Console
- From the BSA Console, select Depot, right-click and select Import
- Browse to the location of the un-zipped folder
- Check the box for "Automatically map or create export group"
- Click Next twice
- Select a location where to place this new package in BSA (default will keep structure of the package as it was exported)
- Click Finish
*Note: This is a community supported package.