What these reports are about?
- These reports displays Top N Policies, Rules and Servers for Noncompliance. You could choose the time period during which you want to see the top noncompliance. You could also choose how many records you want to see i.e. top 10, top 20 etc.
- Top N Non-Compliant Policies – displays top N non-compliant policies along with % compliance. % compliance is calculated as % of rules compliant against total rules checked.
- Top N Non-Compliant Rules - displays top N non-compliant rules along with % compliance and Template (policy) to which the rule belongs. % compliance is calculated as % of servers compliant against total servers checked for that rule. There is an optional prompt for choosing a Template (policy) if you don’t choose any then report would show the results across all Templates (Policies).
- Top N Non-Compliant Servers - displays top N non-compliant servers along with % compliance. % compliance is calculated as % of rules compliant against total rules checked on that server. There is an optional prompt for choosing a Template (policy) if you don’t choose any then report would show the results across all Templates (Policies).
How to run these reports
- You must first import these reports in your BDSSA environment before you can use it. Import is only one time task.
- Import the “Top N Compliance Reports.zip” file (attached). (See below “How to Import this Report”).
- Login and traverse to folder “Top N Compliance Reports”, you would see three reports inside the folder.
- Run Report by clicking on report name.
Applicable versions of BDSSA
- BDSSA 8.2
- BDSSA 8.3
- BDSSA 8.5
How to import this report?
1. Copy “Top N Compliance Reports.zip” file to <BDSSA Installation Directory>/portal/deployment location
2. Login with user who has access of Cognos Administration
3. Go to Cognos Administration
4. Go to Configuration -> Content Administration –> New Import
5. Select Top N Compliance Reports radio button and then do NEXT. After that second page will appear and do NEXT again.
6. Select Check box - > NEXT
7. Click NEXT.. NEXT.. -> FINISH -> RUN.
8. Check Box - View details of this import after closing this dialog
9. After import is finished you should see a message stating - successfully imported 2 Objects
10. Then go to public folders and you would see a folder named "Top N Compliance Reports" and it would have report with the same name.
11. You are all set to use this report.
Thanks to @Harsh Parikh for his contributions.