Unused Jobs Inventory
What’s this report is about?
- This Report displays jobs which are not used / run after a specified date. It displays summary and details of Jobs. So you could use this report to clean up your unused jobs and their job runs to have cleaner BSA environment
Summary : This section tells Number of Jobs and Number of Job Runs for grouped by Job Types.
Detail : This Section tells about the last run of Job who ran it, where is this job located in BSA. It also provide average job run frequency for that Job.
How to use this report
- By Default BLAdmins is the role who has access to all Jobs in BSA. So it is most useful for BLAdmins. So that he can clean up Jobs on BSA which are not usually required or he can take action which is really required to be run in daily or weekly basic.
- Other users who have access to jobs which they have run so they can take action on those jobs accordingly.
- You must first import this report in your BDSSA environment before you can use it. Import in only one time task.
- Import the “Unused Jobs Inventory.zip” file (attached). (see below “How to Import this Report”)
- Run Report Unused Jobs Inventory which is located at Public Folder -> Unused Jobs Inventory (Folder).
- You would be prompted to select out of the following options.
Show Jobs which are not used for
Last 30 Days
Last 60 Days
Last 90 Days
Last 180 Days
Select appropriate filter of your interest.
- Click on Finish and see the output.
Applicable versions of BDSSA
- BDSSA 8.2
- BDSSA 8.3
How to import this report?
- Copy “Unused Jobs Inventory.zip” file to <installable-dir>:/portal/deployment location
- Login with user who has access of Cognos Administration
- Go to Cognos Administration
- Go to Configuration -> Content Administration –> New Import
- Select Unused Jobs Inventory radio button and then do NEXT. After that second page will appear and do NEXT again.
- Select Check box - > NEXT
- Click NEXT.. NEXT.. -> FINISH -> RUN.
- Check Box - View details of this import after closing this dialog
- After import is finished you should see a message stating - successfully imported 2 Objects
- Then go to public folders and you would see a folder named "Unused Jobs Inventory" and it would have report with the same name.
- You are all set to use this report.