This document assumes that you have already configured your OS Deployment manager, are familiar with the process of deploying standard images, and that you have already captured a sysprep image. If not, you may find it helpful to review these documents before proceeding.
As the process for deploying a sysprep image is nearly identical to the process for deploying a standard image, we will focus primarily on the differences when deploying a sysprep type image.
- Start the OS Deployment wizard (Wizards > OS Deployment), and proceed through the wizard the same way as with the standard deployment.
- When adding targets (on the Target List step) we see the first difference between a sysprep deployment and a standard deployment (the Parameters and Unattended Information tabs are not available for standard images).
- As the General Information tab for a sysprep target is identical to a standard target, it will not be discussed here. Please review the document on performing a standard image deployment for further details.
- On the Parameters tab, select the appropriate language (this must match the language of the Windows installation you have captured), and enter your Windows product key. If the product key is left at the default (as shown in the below screenshot), or left blank, you will need to enter the product key after deployment; the image will still be written, and Windows will run in a trial mode until the product key is entered and Windows is activated.
- On the Unattended Information tab, the majority of the fields can be set as desired for your environment, though some fields have specific requirements:
- The Administrator Login and Administrator Password fields should contain the credentials for the built-in local administrator account (the account named "Administrator"), which was used to start the RunSysprep.bat file during the capture process.
- If the target system should be joined to an Active Directory domain, the Domain Administrator Name field should have the username for an account which has permission to join the system to the domain. Please enter only the username (i.e. not domain\username) for this field (the domain is automatically added based on the contents of the Domain field on this screen).
- Proceed through the remainder of the OS Deployment wizard the same way as for a standard image deployment.
- Once the project has finished building, PXE boot the target system to start the deployment process.