|Blade ZipKit Package Info|
|Name: Component Template with Remediation - Patch Readiness for Windows|
|Type:Component Template (version Neutral)|
|BSA Compatible Version: NA|
|More Info: https://docs.bmc.com/docs/display/public/bsa83/Working+with+components+and+component+templates|
Created by: Akbar Aziz
|Tested on version: 8.3.x, 8.5.x, 8.6.x, 8.7.x|
|Tested against host running on: Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2012, Windows 2012 R2|
Update - Rev. 1.6:
- Improved pending reboot rules based on registry keys from PS script found on https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Get-PendingReboot-Query-bdb79542
- Added AV registry key check and remediation
- Added Registry Windows Update settings checks and remediation
Update - Rev. 1.5:
- Added support for BSA 8.7
Update - Rev. 1.4:
- Added support for BSA 8.6
Update - Rev. 1.3:
ONLY USE for BSA version 8.5!
- removed LEO_Network Extended Object
- removed Remote Registry service compliance rule
- removed Admin Share compliance rule
These rules are no longer needed by Shavlik
Update - Rev. 1.2 added new 8.5 - Patch Ready (Windows).zip
ONLY USE for BSA version 8.5!
- removed NetLogon service compliance rule
- changed agent compliance rule to look for version 18.104.22.1686
- changed compliance rule to check for only Windows 64-bit versions
- created Auto-Remediaton package for 8.5 Windows 64-bit agent
Update - Rev. 1.1
- fixed a registry key value for Auto Update
This Component Template performs the following actions:
- Creates a Component Template called Patch Ready
- Imports an Extended Object called Leo-network_shares (checks for admin shares on windows)
- Imports multiple depot objects for remediation - Start Remote Registry, Netlogon, Windows Server, Windows Update Services
- Checks the AGENT_STATUS property to confirm it's "IS_ALIVE" status
- Checks the RSCD agent version deployed on Windows Servers (22.214.171.1242)
- Checks disk space to confirm at least 500MB is available for patch installation
- Checks for necessary services to perform successful windows patching via BSA
- Checks if the server is Windows 2000
- Checks if the servers are in pending reboot state.
Instructions for importing the package:
- Download the attached zip file
- From the BSA Console, select Component Templates , right-click and select Import (version-neutral)
- Browse to the location of the download file
- Check the box for "Automatically map or create export group"
- Click Next twice
- Select a location where to place this new package in BSA (default will keep structure of the package as it was exported)
- Click Finish
Once the import has completed, browse to the location of the package in Component Templates to confirm the configuration and settings.
If the CIS 2003 templates have not been installed, please download the Free space_windows.zip (for version 8.3) or 8.5 - Free space_windows.zip (for version 8.5) and unzip the script to a location that is accessible from the App Server.
There are Auto-Remediation tasks enabled so please un-check if not needed.
Here is an example screen-shot from BMC Server Automation:
*Note: This is a community supported package.