|Blade ZipKit Package Info|
Name: ESXi 5.1 System Package
|Type: OS System Package|
|BSA Compatible Version: 8.3, 8.7|
|More Info: Creating a System Package|
Created by: Akbar Aziz
This system package is for VMware ESXi 5.1.
Instructions for importing the package:
- Download the attached zip file
- Extract the content to a location accessible by the BSA Console
- From the BSA Console, select Depot, right-click and select Import
- Browse to the location of the un-zipped folder (example: ESXi 5.1)
- Check the box for "Automatically map or create export group"
- Click Next twice
- Select a location where to place this new package in BSA (default will keep structure of the package as it was exported)
- Click Finish
Once the import has completed, browse to the location of the package in the Depot to confirm the configuration and settings.
- There are commands defined in the Additional entries for the kick-start file section which perform multiple functions like entering the license key, enabling local console, enabling SSH, creating a sample banner. These are all optional and can be removed as needed.
- It creates an entry in the Provisioning Manager Configuration for ESXi 5.1 with paths defined for the OS installer. This can be modified for your environment.
*Note: This is a community supported package.