|Blade ZipKit Package Info|
|Name: SuSE 11.x 64-bit System Package|
|Type: OS System Package|
|BSA Compatible Version: 8.3, 8.7|
|More Info: Creating a System Package|
Created by: Akbar Aziz
This system package is for SuSE 11 SP2 x64 on VMware (bare-metal).
Instructions for importing the package:
- Download the attached zip file
- Extract the content to a location accessible by the BSA Console
- From the BSA Console, select Depot, right-click and select Import
- Browse to the location of the un-zipped folder (example: SUSE 11.2 x64)
- Check the box for "Automatically map or create export group"
- Click Next twice
- Select a location where to place this new package in BSA (default will keep structure of the package as it was exported)
- Click Finish
Once the import has completed, browse to the location of the package in the Depot to confirm the configuration and settings.
- There are commands defined in the Post-Install Script window which are needed to get the agent to register correctly to the BSA Appserver. Example:
echo "??HOST_NAME??.??DOMAIN??" > /etc/HOSTNAME
echo "??IP_ADDRESS?? ??HOST_NAME??.??DOMAIN?? ??HOST_NAME??" >> /etc/hosts
- It creates an entry in the Provisioning Manager Configuration for SuSE 11.2 x64 with paths defined for the OS installer and agent installers. This can be modified for your environment.
*Note: This is a community supported package.