|Blade ZipKit Info|
|Type: MSI Package|
|BSA Compatible Version: 8.3.x|
|More Info:Silent Install for VMware Tools|
|Created by: Akbar Aziz|
Instructions for creating and configuring the MSI package:
- Copy the stand-alone redistributable package from the supported vCenter or download the latest from here: Tools
- From the BSA Console, browse to the Depot Folder and either create or choose an existing folder to host this package
- Right-click the selected folder and select New->Software->MSI Package
- Select Installable Sources - point it to the location of the downloaded file and choose to either Upload to File Server or for the agent to mount a share.
- The Add Depot Software: Step 1 of 3 window appears and gives you the opportunity to fill out options for the install.
- The silent install command should be changed to: "??SOURCE??" /S /v "/qn REBOOT=R"
- The uninstall command string is located in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall. Search for VMware Tools in this Folder to find the UninstallString value. See the graphic below for an example.
- Click Next
- Assign the desired roles and permissions and click Next
- Click Finish
Here is an example screen-shot of the package in BladeLogic:
*Note: This is a community supported package.