|Blade ZipKit Package Info|
|Name:Set DNS Server Search Order for Windows Servers.zip|
|BSA Compatible Version: 8.3.x,8.7.x|
|More Info: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa394595%28v=vs.85%29.aspx|
Created by: Akbar Aziz
This package sets the DNS Server Search order on a network interface using the wmic nicconfig command (see details in More Info above).
Instructions for importing the package:
- Download the attached zip file
- Extract the content to a location accessible by the BSA Console
- From the BSA Console, select Depot, right-click and select Import
- Browse to the location of the un-zipped folder (example: Set DNS Search Order for Windows Servers)
- Check the box for "Automatically map or create export group"
- Click Next twice
- Select a location where to place this new package in BSA (default will keep structure of the package as it was exported)
- Click Finish
Once the import has completed, browse to the location of the package in the Depot to confirm the configuration and settings.
The ??DNS_1?? and ??DNS_2?? local properties will need to be updated with the correct information (example includes "192.168.100.1 and 192.168.1.1).
*Note: This is a community supported package.