Most organizations experience high support costs and poor user satisfaction because users have to remember and key in too many passwords.Addressing this problem eliminates 30% of typical help desk call volume, at $10 to $20 per call.
Password Manager reduces the cost of IT support by eliminating password problems before they happen and by moving password resets from the help desk to self-service. The ROI for Hitachi ID Password Manager is compelling -- customers can realistically expect helpdesk workload reductions of 30% or more, after a deployment lasting just 2-3 weeks.
Where organizations adopt best practices, user adoption can easily top 90%. Remaining password support calls are also shortened, leading to a significant overall help desk cost avoidance. User service is also improved -- fewer passwords to remember and type.
Enterprise Password Management
Hitachi ID Password Manager is an enterprise solution for managing passwords and other types of credentials. It improves the security of passwords and related IT support processes, reduces the cost of user support and improves user productivity. This is done with features such as password synchronization, self-service password reset, enterprise single sign-on, PIN resets for tokens and smart cards, enrollment of security questions and biometrics and emergency recovery of full disk encryption keys.
Password Manager synchronizes user passwords across all platforms and systems without installing any software at the client level; enforces enterprise-wide password strength policies; allows authenticated users to reset their own forgotten passwords; allows support staff to reset passwords on every system, with no special administrative rights; Password Manager reduces support costs while improving network security. Password Manager supports over 110 platforms and systems.
The interface between Password Manager and BMC Service Desk Express automatically creates new service-related call records, updates and closes existing call records and keeps track of all password related incidents including end-user self-service events. This integrated solution eliminates redundant data entry, streamlines the password problem resolution process and provides management with effective call and problem statistics.
Key Features and Benefits
- Transparent password synchronization
- Web-based password synchronization
- Self-service password reset
- Many built-in connectors
- Token and smart card PIN reset
- Self-service unlock of a computer with full disk encryption
- Enterprise single sign-on
- Assisted password reset
- Password policy enforcement
- Password change notification / early warning
- Improves the security of passwords through enforcement of a robust, global policy that requires passwords to be complex, to be changed periodically and to never be reused. It improves the security of IT support processes by requiring strong authentication of both the support analyst and caller prior to any security-related help desk call and by reducing the number of IT support staff who need elevated privileges to assist users who need help with an intruder lockout, forgotten password or PIN or locked-out hard disk.
- Improves user service by reducing the number of passwords users must remember, by automatically populating IDs and passwords into application login prompts and by providing a single, friendly user interface where users regularly change their passwords.
- Lowers the cost of IT support by reducing the frequency of password-related problems experienced by users and by enabling users to resolve a variety of authentication-related problems on their own.
Hitachi ID Systems, Inc.
#500, 1401 - 1st Street SE
Calgary, Alberta T2G 2J3
Phone: (403) 233-0740
Fax: (403) 233-0725
Hitachi ID Systems, Inc. is a leading publisher of identity and access management software. Hitachi ID Systems products help organizations strengthen network security, lower IT support costs and improve user productivity. Hitachi ID Systems customers achieve these results by implementing automation and self-service processes to more effectively manage passwords and other types of credentials, to provision and deactivate user access and to manage user privileges.
Millions of users worldwide use Hitachi ID's identity management solutions. Customers include Avon, Bank of America, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Cisco, eBay, Ford Motor Company, Intel, Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Merck MetLife, NCR Corporation, Pfizer, Pitney Bowes, Sears, Shell, Symantec, Wells Fargo and many more.
|Partner Type||Technology Alliance|
|Technology Category||Password Management/Provisioning|
|Additional Partner Products|