A few quick tips when interacting on Communities:
1. Create + Collaborate
- Choose your interaction type: Document, Discussion or blog?
- Unsure about the visibility? Check who sees what you post
- and Choose where to post.
- Unleash the power of Collaborative authoring to maintain version - Only for Documents. For e.g. See how the Groups Event Calendar is maintained by the tribe. The Communities admin is not a bottleneck.
- Tips on using the editor to it's full potential. #RTE.
2. Publish + Notify
- Always tag your content to aid search and recall.
- We choose to be notified for activity within the group/Community or friend a person for following personal activity. That means we do not need to e-mail each other to notify progress.
- At the same time you can choose not to notify folks on every edit.
3. View + Search
- Attachments - ppts, pdfs and word docs offer a cool preview feature when uploaded as a doc. This feature does not work for excel spreadsheets. We'd rather have a table and edit/comment directly as a table. So no need for attachments.
- Can't find that resource you saw last week? No problem Search Content, People and places.
- And when you've found it, bookmark to never loose it again.